Sunday, April 1, 2018

Music and voiceover ideas

   Another important concept in any film is the music. At first I thought I should have some songs in it but then I thought.. copyright. Forgot about that and the struggle to find a non copyrighted song is too much and I didn't want to make it complicated and just use the music on iMovie as I am well aware they have good theme music because I used to use it.


   Theme music type sounds is way better because it does not distract the viewer and keeps he attention on the film. And because I will be talking in the film, I want to be heard and understood clearly. Earlier on I struggled on how I will be able to manage my time wisely and how to keep it all under 2 minutes and I still wish it could be longer but, that's the requirement.


   I have of course been searching up short film tips as I am finalizing my ideas. I basically have everything together and just use the ideas to take tips from them. As I was watching this video though it talked about problem I didn't even realize. The voiceover.


   I of course knew I didn't like the time limitation for the video but I didn't even realize the voiceover should also be limited. I learned that int can distract the viewer form the film if not used properly and how to keep it short.


   In the video the man explained that if you throw too much exposition, time will be a problem and so will distraction. So, he claims that practice makes perfect. And so I know for a fact I will have to practice my voiceover several times to make it the length and tone I want it to be. The voiceover is also really helpful to be a narrative and explain what the film will be about. In my case, I am explain the definition of OCD and the misconception most people have with it and how it can be seen as a germaphobe only but there are several cases of it. I will also walk the characters action through with the voiceover as almost a frustration factor, but I am not sure yet maybe I can just show the main characters face to express who he feels. The link of the video will be posted below.



Resources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYnsKATCrdw#action=share

No comments:

Post a Comment